Monday, November 13, 2006

My Friend the Insurance Company

Polite Insurance Client (played by myself): So, I'm interested in finding out if my policy covers certain vaccinations.

Bored Insurance Angent: What vaccinations would you be referring to, ma'm?

Curious Client: Well, my husband and I are traveling to India over Christmas break, and we need to get Hepatitis A and B, Polio and Tetanus before we go. I was just wondering if you cover those.

Bored Agent: No ma'm, we will only cover routine childhood vaccinations and vaccinations for any illnesses you contract while overseas.

Incredulous, but amused, Client: So if I come back from India with Polio then you'll pay for my shot?

Bored Agent: Yes.

Gee, thanks.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Did the polite client ask the bored agent to explain how that makes sense?

Elise said...

Is there any more evil corporate structure than the insurance company?

Anyone? Anyone?